Sunday, July 26, 2009

NPR Interview with Lizzie Skurnick

Bob Edwards, on his radio show Bob Edwards Weekend, interviewed Lizzie Skurnick, author of Shelf Discovery: The Teen Classics We Never Stopped Reading. I hadn't heard of her before, but now I am anxious to find out more! She writes a couple of blogs, one called Old Hag and another, on the Jezebel.com website called Fine Lines. For Fine Lines, Lizzie rereads a book she read in her teen years, and comments on it. She also accepts questions from her readers about plotlines in books that people remember, but they can't remember the titles. I have one I want to submit already.

Bob Edwards also interviewed the guys who wrote "Yackety Yack," Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller, which was interesting as I just finished reading The Watsons go to Birmingham - 1963 on Friday night and that song is mentioned many times. (Type in the search term "yak" in this reader for some funny examples.) Did they really sell record players that play in cars? I guess so!

No comments:

Post a Comment